Sunday, November 18, 2007

Evan's birthday




Evan's birthday occured during our computer downfall, so none of his birthday stuff made it up. So, per his request here is Evan's party. His cake turned out way better looking, but I guess we all have our good and bad days. Thank goodness this age doesn't noticed most of our mistakes!

My sweet husband also had a great idea for a twist on musical chairs, which was a game Evan wanted to play. When you take a chair away no one gets out, you have to share a chair. Til in the end everyone is sitting on the same chair. The kids loved it. We also did a dinosaur stomp, you all know Evan's obsession with dinos. We got bubble wrap and the kids had to walk on a strip without popping any bubbles. After everyone had a turn we let them loose at popping them. It was in our kitchen and it was louder than fireworks, but the kids had a blast!

4 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

My how your boys ar growing-I remember watching little baby zach in an infant carseat!!! How on earth do you do those designs on the cake-from eyeing it? or do you have a pattern. I think Gabe has 'fond' memories of that revised chair game from highschool b/c that is the only way he could get the girls to sit on his lap-ha ha J/k! LOVE your posts!

lowderhomegang said...

Wow I had to look twice to make sure that was my son in law all covered in mud--very----a----manly? Well at leas t it was muddy and cool. The birthday parties were a cool thing too I loved looking at the cakes and the kids. Good job on the blog spot My children are all so talented Love Mom Lowder

peterson pack said...

Alicia, the cakes are super easier than they look. Trust me, if it weren't that easy I couldn't do them. I will write down the directions and email them to you. And you are right about Gabe's version of musical chairs! He is teaching his son a little young don't you think!

The Dunn Family said...

Trina, Great Cakes! It looks like you have been having fun in Texas. As it starts to get colder here . . . I would love to be somewhere where it is warmer! See ya, Diana