Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sorry for the break

I am so sorry that it has taken me a while to get back here. I have actually had my computer back since Christmas, but it just takes me a long time to get back into the swing of things. I wish life would slow down, it is all going by so fast. I have been super busy with Relief Society, we got a new president so we are busy restructuring stuff. Preschool keeps me busy, although I am hoping next year it won't be as busy because I will have the lesson plans pretty much done. And of course family. Evan decided he wanted to enter the science fair this year and it happened to be the same week as our Pinewood Derby and baseball tryouts! It is nice to be busy and not feel lazy, but I love a lazy day every now and then!
Here are a few pics of what we have done as of late.

This is for my sisters, who have waited a long time for Halloween pics- thanks for the costumes Mel! I promise Natalie was a lot happier than she looks.


In November we had Zach's birthday and I was relieved when he asked for something simple for a cake, although I was a little more pleased with how Evan's turned out than this simple one. But they all taste the same and my kids don't care, they think each one looks great! (He wanted what was on his baseball shirt to be on his cake, hence the number 7)


We had our first white Christmas in Texas!!! I think I read somewhere that the last time this happened was in 1929!! It actually snowed 2 times the week of Christmas. We had a blast playing in the snow, even dad came and had a snowball fight! Then we used all the snow we could find to make a snowman.


Last week Evan dressed up for Career day at school and he wanted to be a pilot. He was disappointed when we told them what they wear. Luckily a neighbor had some stuff from ages ago and he thought that was much better! (He was, however, afraid that the kids would think he was Amelia Earhart!) I love my little Evan!


Last week in preschool we talked about Space and this is what they did one day. We made space helmets and jet packs. We even tried astronaut ice cream!! Isn't being a kid so much fun.

2 comments:

The Terry Clan said...

Yea! I am so glad to see you back in the blogging world. I love all the pictures of the kids. They get bigger every day. Uncle Shane is very proud that you made an Atlanta Braves b-day cake. Can you make one for us?:) And as always your kids give me the giggles... they are so imaginitive!Miss you!

Unknown said...

Trina updated - woohoo!! And you'll have to tell Evan he doesn't look a thing like Amelia Earhart :) (although I think he looks better as Indiana...) Your preschool looks like a lot of fun too!