Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life is getting away from me!

No excuses. I just need to organize my life better so I can post more. Here is what we have been up to for the month of April. We started off with a big bang and got snow! I really wonder what is happening to Texas. I'm freezing here! But the kids love it.
I have decided that I need to grow an apple tree, maybe even an orchard. However apple trees don't do too well where we live. Our soil is bad. This kid of mine eats easily 5 apples a day. Those 5lb. bags that they sell in the stores, we go through 2 bags in about 5 days. One cashier made a comment one time as he scanned my 3 bags of apples, "Wow, you guys really like apples." I told him it was for my 7 year old. He was flabbergasted and chuckled that he must be very regular. Oh boy, you have no idea how regular and I won't go into that here. But he is my most healthy child. Hence, 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. Evan loves this philosophy.
Spring is here and with it a little bit of heat. Now that it is warming up the kids can't understand why the pool is not open. But there's always a sprinkler. I love having a trampoline and a yard. Those are probably my most favorite things about being in a home. And I can grow a garden, which isn't doing as well as it did last year. I didn't get my onions in and now I have pest problems. Lesson learned-always plant onions in my garden to keep bugs away. But here comes the summer and I am so excited for all my kiddos to be home more and for us to be able to play. As long as we stay away from the 100 degree for a little while longer.
Gabe's parents were able to come and visit us for a few days. The kids love seeing their grandparents. Especially when they come to watch them play baseball. Gabe is Evan's coach this season and Evan has absolutely loved it. Natalie can't wait to be able to play soccer next year. Goodness they grow up so fast. I wish I could freeze time for just a little while.
My boys have become quite the baseball fans. They love playing, watching and talking baseball, more specifically Texas Rangers. They are FANS!! This was our first game as a family this season and we had fun, even Natalie (I was surprised). We made it through the whole game.
This actually is part of May, but I figured since I am on a roll why stop. My little preschool group took a field trip to a local zoo and we had so much fun. Their favorite part was feeding the giraffe. His tongue was soooo long. They are such fun kids and I am going to miss them terribly once school is out. Natalie will miss them too. Every day she asks if she is having preschool that day.

My kids. What can I say? They are so very different from each other. I wish they could stay this way for a little while longer. My memory is getting so bad, I can't remember things that they can. I don't feel that old, but I am getting up there. They love walking around our lake in the neighborhood and this is their favorite spot. Sitting on the dock just watching the water. I am so grateful for technology and being able to capture them for my memory sake.
I will try and do better at keeping you updated more often. And I will try to comment on your blogs more often. I don't comment a lot. My life right now is so busy. When I get a chance to look at blogs it isn't for very long. I hope you are all doing wonderful and your families are healthy. Have a wonderful month and enjoy the last few days before summer!

3 comments:

sally said...

welcome back...stranger!?! :) miss you!

The Covert Family said...

It was so fun to read your update - I love that blogging can let me keep updated on your comings and goings! What a fun family life you have! Your kids are so cute! Have a wonderful summer! I'm like you I love blogging for my memory sake too - I'll be so glad someday I have all the silliness of our little life documented! Keep it up, it's fun to read!

The Terry Clan said...

Yea!! I love to see pictures of the kids. Don't feel bad about not posting... you DO have a busy life! I haven't posted since February! I miss you so much and am DYING to talk! I can't wait until I am back in the states... 5 days and counting!!