Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Watermelon skills

I bought a huge Watermelon at one of our Farmer's Market and the kids were so excited to eat it, except Zach (he doesn't like it). But I didn't think about the fact that we usually get a seedless one in the store, this one wasn't. So my 2 melon eaters were trying to figure out how mom was spitting out the seeds and keeping the melon in the mouth. Natalie was the funniest. She was trying so hard to eat just the melon and not the seeds. Then she attempted to spit them out with the melon in her mouth and it all seemed to fall out. She had it all running down her fat little belly (what a mess), but we had fun.
Yes, we were under a trampoline, in attempts to have some shade from the sun. I knew that it was going to be a mess and so I wanted to be outside. But man it gets hot out there!















Evan was getting really good at spitting seeds. (I think he liked the fact that mom was approving of the act) He was trying to see how far he could "shoot" them. And now he keeps checking to see if we have any watermelons growing in our back yard.

3 comments:

lowderhomegang said...

I loved looking at these pictures and enjoying the children all over again.
But now I cannot find the pictures on my computer?
Evan is getting to be quite the watermelon "spitter"He is just as funny as Natalie

The Terry Clan said...

Okay that is to funny!! I laughed so hard when I read and saw these pictures! What a great thing! I am going to have to go buy myself a watermelon with seeds!

Unknown said...

I had to smile at the picture of Nat with watermelon running down her belly. I didn't even think about what it would be like for kids eating watermelon with seeds. How hilarious!