Saturday, August 16, 2008

Idaho Trip


While in Idaho my parents took us to Yellowstone Park. The boys really liked Old Faithful. When it was done they asked if it would do it again, they wanted to see more. We saw some beautiful sights, those pictures are on my mother's camer(hers took better pics). So when I get them I will post them.

My brother, Wesley, was a trooper. I think he carried one of my kids the entire time we were at Yellowstone. He and Gabriel each carried 1 up a mountain! And at one point he actually carried 2 of them!! We had a great time with him and were glad that he came along.

We went to a spot where you can feed some fish. My dad had brought some bread to give the fish. Natalie thought it would be better to eat it herself! She will eat almost anything!


The next day we went on a float trip in Jackson. Nat looked so darn cute in this huge life jacket. There are more pics of us on the water, but those are on my moms camera as well. We did a trip that didn't have white water, that way the kids could be with us. The water was so high they wouldn't allow little kids on the other trip, maybe next year. But our guide was very nice and took us on a part that had just a little rapid, but enough that we got wet. All the kids wanted to go back and do it again. It was great!

Then we went to the temple and watched the Joseph Smith movie at the visitor's center. It was great! This is after when we were getting in the car. Gabriel was just standing there and then Zach walked over next to him. Zach is our sensitive to spiritual things kid. It melted my heart to see them share this moment. This is where we were married 9 1/2 years ago! My how time flys.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures! Wesley really is a good sport when it comes to his nephews and nieces. And you MUST tell me where you took the kids rafting. We're going to Yellowstone next week and Colby would love that!

peterson pack said...

We went rafting with the same company that dad always uses. But we did the scenic tour, instead of the white water tour. It was a lot of fun. They pack a lunch and you eat lunch on the river(for the afternoon ride)

The Terry Clan said...

So sweet that Wesley was such a big help! Gotta love that boy! I love all the pictures! Boy you can't get enough of Idaho. It makes me so homesick! I love how beautiful it is and the family is pretty good too!! HEE! HEE!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Trina...!! I'm finally here! Back from my own trip west, and back to blogging :)

Your blog is really cute! Looks like you had some fun at Yellowstone - we wanted to get up there this trip, but didn't have time...maybe next year.