Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ban on Bread

Many of you know that my son, Evan, will not touch bread for anything. So, you can imagine that he is a partial partaker of the sacrament at church. We have tried for years to get him to eat just 1 piece of bread, he won't do it. When the bread is passed to him, he just hangs his head down and doesn't look at the person until it passes by him. Those who have seen this just crack up, it is hilarious. So, this last Sunday when the bread came to him I whispered, "just take a little piece." He just shook his head and buried it behind me. After the bread was gone I asked him, "what are we going to do after you are baptized?"
"What do you mean?" he replied
I explained to him why we take the bread and water. And asked him how he was going to renew his covenants with Heavenly Father if he wasn't going to eat the bread. He thought for a minute and then nonchalantly said, "I won't get baptized." (Shoot the whole thing backfired!) So, I asked "Aren't we suppose to get baptized to go back to live with Heavenly Father?" He wrinkled his forhead and really was perplexed. He didn't say anything else. Then later that day he came and told me that Heavenly Father knows that Evan doesn't like bread and says that it is okay. How do you argue with that? I guess we better start looking into taking a cracker to church every Sunday so our son can take the whole sacrament!

7 comments:

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Bread is a gift from Heaven...how can Evan not know this!? Especially when it's smoothered in butter and honey...Oooo I'm getting hungry now!

No seriously, I think it's sooooo awesome that Evan gets answers to his prayers. He's so right on - Heavenly Father does know his needs!

The Terry Clan said...

What a sweet boy he is! Trina all I can say is I love your kids! They are so strong in the gospel and it's becasue of the great parents they have!

Unknown said...

Evan's hilarious. He must make you laugh on an hourly basis. Hey, we almost committed another blog snafu! I had your background on mine, and then changed it for the turkeys. Whew! Close one...

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Trina- oh what do you do? You will have to tell me..silly ou sneak the cracker up fron so they can bless it? I LOVE IT!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I meant will you sneak in--not silly...I need a serious spellcheck!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I meant will you sneak in--not silly...I need a serious spellcheck!

The Terry Clan said...

Okay Trina, I'm dying over here in Germany! I need a new post from you! I'm going crazy! Love from your blog-obsessed sister!