Sunday, October 19, 2008

Help, I'm crazy!

I have been back from Germany for a little while, but still can't figure out putting my pictures on. So, if any of you are experts on the subject call me!!! I have some great pics of Germany I would love to put up.
The other day I was thinking about my life and how crazy hectic it is right now. I really need to put things in perspective.
This is my current responsibilities, in no particular order:
1-I am a stay home mom with 2 kids in school and a 2 year old at home and with that comes all of the household chores.
2-part-time job from home for a landscaping company answering phones and doing paper work (only for abt 2 more weeks)
3-teaching preschool out of my home 3 days a week for 3 hours
4-PTA home room mom for sons school class
5-counselor in Primary presidency
6-Soccer and baseball mom(but only for 2 more weeks!)

Can anyone say CRAZY!!!? Ya, I'm a little in over my head, just a little. Why do we get so caught up in life doing too many things that most of the time aren't going to matter in 10 years? It is so easy for me to forget what is really important, my family. They are my greatest joy. I love being able to spend time with them and just relax. My kids are growing up so fast and I want to soak in every moment I have with them. Hope your week isn't as crazy as mine is going to be. But if it is savor the moments with your family all the more. And call me if you can help getting my pics up!!

6 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Amen, I am practicing saying NO!

peterson pack said...

Ha! Ha! That is something I need to practice every day, all day long. Why is it so hard for us to say that little word? And yes, Alicia, your life always sounds crazy. I don't know how you do it. And you always update your blog regularly. Wow!

lowderhomegang said...

As a grandmother I have to say that I am grateful for the busy times in my life. Doing all of thoes things that you mentioned (maybe the exception of the part time job) will all give you moments to share with your children and praise them for their accomplishments. We cannot be with them all the time and we need to cherish the times we do..being a room mom-they love it when they see mom-going to soccer games..they love to have you see them achieve and play. The house work will wait and that gives you opportunities to teach the little ones responsibility and service to each other, the plan is good the Lord is good and YOU are good keep up the good work I love you
Mom

Straub Family said...

Wow...I agree, I don't know why we take so many things on at once. It seems like every conference there is a talk on simplifing our lives and elimating the things that aren't a necessity. You sound like all the things you are doing are so good...it would be hard for me to say to to any of those! I agree with the above comment, your children will be grateful for such a wonderful, supportive mother who created memories. Hope all is well. I've been meaning to shoot you an email all week, but it has been CRAZY for me too!

Jesse

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Trina...you've got me running scared! I thought maybe...just maybe once The Snack started school life would ease up a bit...but apparently that's when a whole new ball game begins! Thanks for that realization!

Anyway, as far as your Germany pics go...I'm here for you! I'd be happy to come by sometime and help you out, just let me know. (and The Snack would LOVE to play in your playroom of course!)

The Terry Clan said...

You know why we all go crazy! It's for those little rugrats we love so much! We do it for them and hope some day they will look back and say, "WOW" my mom sure did love me!" Because we do!