Sunday, March 22, 2009

When Mom and Dad are sick. . . .

What do you do when mom and dad are both sick? Just ask our kids that entertained themselves all day today while Gabe and I have taken turns sleeping and just taking it easy.
So, this is what our kids did to pass the time.

1. Build a "water track" to drive your boats down the hill to the pool.

2. Find all kinds of creatures while digging in the dirt. We discovered worms and some slimy thing, we think it is a snail.


3. Bury treasure in your backyard, Mom and Dad don't care if you make a hole in the grass.
4. Play pirates with each other.

It really amazes me sometimes what kids can come up with when left to find fun on their own. Makes me wonder why we have a playroom full of toys. Kids are amazing.

6 comments:

me said...

They look cute in their pirate get up! I take it Wal-Mart had the swords for $1?

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! Congratulations on having kids that entertain themselves. I hope you and Gabe feel better soon. Hey, 2 months until we join you in Texas!

sally said...

I thought about you today while we ate our "chicken stuffing casserole"...a quick-cheap dish you introduced to me back in our baltimore days. I wish i could hand-pick all my neighbors to be my friends and family...maybe in our next life, huh? :) miss you!

The Terry Clan said...

your kids are having waaay to much fun! They need to invite the Terry clan over some time! :) Miss ya and love ya!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

So sorry to hear you are sick-o
s...we caught the same bug for our spring break too!! Well, the kids at lease...I think we need to get the boys together...I can only imagin the wodnerful FUN they would create!

J and M said...

Oh dear! So sorry you were both sick, that is NOT FUN.