Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Natalie!!!

I can't believe it has been 3 years since this day! This is our little girl and she has been so fun, but a lot more work than my 2 boys.


The day before her birthday we went to the mall and passed this cookie shop. They had this cookie in the window and the kids loved it. How funny that they would have this up right before her birthday! What a nice surprise!


We celebrated her day on Monday, since I was no where close to do it on Sunday. She went with me to one of her favorite places: the dentist. I was due for a cleaning and she wanted hers done again! Then we went and got ice cream to go with her cake and had lunch. The boys went with Gabe to get Natalie something. The boys loved showing her how to open her presents. She loved what they picked out: a princess tent, a barking dog (her pet), and a Diego game. Life is good at the Peterson home!


The "icing on the cake" was her castle cake. She picked this out days ago and couldn't wait for me to make it. She asked everyday if we could make her cake. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it; 1-I didn't have the right size pans & 2-I had 2 anxious boys who wanted to help decorate it. They did the purple tower tops and the flower and vines all over the cake. I love to make a master piece and so as they were deciding where to put the purple tops and the flowers and such I cringed! But I kept reminding myself in 10 years what do I want them to remember from this moment;1-a mom who is extremely picky about where a purple cone is placed or 2-a fun time decorating their sisters cake. I opted for the 2nd. We had fun and I was able to do most of it while she napped!

A perfect ending to a perfect day!

5 comments:

Homeplace said...

Natalie--you have an amazing mom--not to mention that she managed this with your brothers helping--WOW!!!! that is such a cute cake I tell you that right there is a memory maker

me said...

Check out that cake. We still have her gift... somewhere... where did I put that?

Stevie said...

How funny that she loves the dentist! And the cake looks amazing! Happy Birthday Natalie! (How crazy, I remember when we met you guys she was a newborn!)

J and M said...

That is a seriously noteworthy cake (even with young help)! I need a tutorial for sure (:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

OF COURSe she had a phenomenal cake!! Happy Birthday Natalie!!! Now its time for another Trina?!!!