Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pres. Hinckley Quote

Recently I read a book with quotes from Pres. Hinckley and his wife. They were all directed to women and were very comforting. I would love for everyone to hear them, but don't want to overwhelm you with a ton of quotes. So, I will try to post 1 a week and hope that you find comfort and strength as I did in reading them.

My dear sisters, you marvelous women who have chosen the better part, I stand in great admiration for all that you do. I see your hands in everything . . . Many of you are mothers, and that is enough to occupy one’s full time. You are companions – the very best friends your husbands have or ever will have . . . You are nurses. With every illness that comes along, you are the first to be told about it and the first to respond with help. In cases of serious sickness, you are the bedside day and night, comforting, encouraging, ministering, praying.

2 comments:

Homeplace said...

Thanks Trina that is a wonderful quote and I think that I read that book what was the name of it? I just Love President Hinkley--did you hear that Obama is meeting with Pres. Monson and the 12 this week?like to be a fly on the wall there

Em and Jorg said...

Hi Trina and Gabe!

I asked Zach for your site address so I could check in on you. I can't believe how much little Zach has grown and the rest of the crew has arrived. What a good looking bunch!

I just cracked up reading your funnies on the side!

And thanks for this quote, I needed it today.

Love, Em