Sunday, November 7, 2010

Playing catch up!!! - Sept.

Once again I am way overdue for a post. I don't know if anyone still checks this blog anymore. I actually started this so that all of our grandparents and extended family could keep up with us, but I don't think any of them see this and I don't update it enough to keep them updated. Maybe if I did this as a journal of our family events I would be better at keeping it updated. I'll try that theory for a while and see where it gets me!
Life is busy as usual. Since I last posted we have stayed busy with baseball, preschool, church callings, hosting family and we've had 2 birthdays!!!

Evan turned 8 in Sept. and we had his baptism then. It was wonderful to be able to have both grandparents here, plus his cousin was able to come. Evan was elated. He is like his dad and doesn't really express his emotions outwardly, but as his mother there were signs that I could tell he felt special and he was happy that they could all come. He wanted a baseball cake for his birthday. And his dad had him convinced that mom could do a full stadium cake! Never mind the fact that I have never even set foot in 1 decorating class, Gabe!!! But sweet Evan settled for a simple field, "since you are so busy" he told me. What a sweetie.


As I was looking for a photo of his baptism to put up, I couldn't find one of the whole clan (grandparents and all). I don't know why we didn't take one. But here is one of the family.

And this is the cousin that was able to come. We can't wait to be able to see them more often, they are moving to Texas!!! It is like a dream that I am going to be able to live by one of my sisters! I am probably scaring my BIL with all my plans of when we can see each other!


Preschool has kept me super busy. At the end of school in May I had 5 kids in preschool, this year I started with 8! And I might add another in January. It has been crazy at times, but so much fun. Natalie loves having preschool and having so many kids to be able to play with.
This is not all of them, 2 were missing here. We took a field trip to a pumpkin patch and had a great time. It was so nice that most of the moms came. It made for keeping track of 8 kids so much more manageable.

I thought this photo was so funny. Who poses like that? She wanted her picture by this cat, because it was pink and she just laturally posed like this. I just have to chuckle at how funny she is sometimes.

2 comments:

sally said...

they baptize at age 4 now, huh? zach's still 6 and natalie's a newborn...right?!? congrats new member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! You updated! Says the kettle... Evan looks so grown-up - I can't believe he's already 8. And I'm SO jealous you get to live by a sister - not fair!!!