Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School. . . And Look What I Did

Well, today was our first day of school. We have a new school right at the end of our street- so nice! And the kids were super excited to be "walkers". Zach was kind of put out that mom and dad were walking with them to school, but Evan was glad. Oh, they grow up so fast! Doesn't Gabe look super excited to be going to school!


Last night we did a special FHE about going back to school. I made these placemats for the kids to hopefully help them get ready for school without me having to nag them all morning long. (Natalie's is missing because she wanted to color it herself and it wasn't done when I took the pic) And I laminated them so they can use it for breakfast and remember what they are suppose to do. We shall see if my efforts were worth it. But I thought they turned out super cute, considering I am not an artist in the least!


And then while the kids were at school today I made this! My neighbor and I have been wanting to start building projects from my fav website and we did our first one today. We still have to paint it, but I can't believe we finally did something. Hopefully our next project goes a lot smoother, this one took us a little longer than we would have liked. But it is done. Can't wait to paint it. That is tomorrow project!! But my poor house. Thank goodness I have an amazing husband that worked super hard on the house (even on his day off!) because our dishes are done, 3 loads of laundry have been done, he mowed the lawn and went to the dentist all while I was playing with wood. What am I going to do tomorrow when he is gone?

4 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE the placemat idea!!! And the bench is SUPER cute!! Good Job!!

sally said...

oooh, how i miss doing stuff with you trina! :)

Unknown said...

I love the bench! You'll have to give me lots of tips - and make sure you post the finished product!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Look what a cute mom you are with those placemats and MAKING things with WOOD!
look how grown up everyone is...are we really that old?