Sunday, February 3, 2008

Blood or no blood?


Zach lost his first tooth on Friday!!! We were all so excited. I am a little bummed, cause my pics didn't turn out how I wanted. I really got to get a new camera! Anyway, Gabe and I had been worried about this day and how the events would unfold. We were expecting wailing and a whole bloody scene. His tooth has been loose for about 3 weeks and every day I would tell him to wiggle it. Then Friday he comes home and hands me this little plastic treasure box. Yep, it had his tooth! Apparently he was eating his cracker and out it came. No bloody scene, no wailing. Just excitment and hoorahs!!!


But we did have a good bloody scene 2 days before this, and not from the kids. Gabriel hurt his big toe a couple of weeks ago. It was getting pretty sensitive and wasn't getting any better. So, he went to see a foot doctor. They said that he had bruised the nail pretty good. They said it would heal the best if they removed the nail! Ouch! Kudos to him, he did it. The first day that he took the bandage off it looked pretty bad. I thought about taking a picture for you all, but my stomach couldn't last long enough to focus the camera. Which is probably good for you all!! It looks pretty good now, today is day 4 for him. It is going to take up to 8 months to grow the nail back. But now it just looks like he did a poor job of painting his toe!!!

2 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

We LOVE the whole losing the teeth scene. Colton uses it as a way to make money now and tries to make some loose when he needs to buy something! ha ha BUT some have been bloody and he has had to have some prodding with some. I always knew Gabe liked to paint his toenails, But I think it is a bit extremem to bruise his nail as a good excuse to do it!! ha ha

The Terry Clan said...

Bryce saw this picture and was so excited for Zach! I can't believe we have kids old enough to be losing teeth! What fun the tooth fairy is!