Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm not going to blink

I love the songs that have deep meaning, what can I say I am a hopeless romantic.
First, let me apologize about the lack of posts. I have some really cute pics that I want to put up, but something happened to our computer and now I can't download my photos. I am working on that problem and hopefully will have that resolved shortly.
But in the mean time I had to post tonight to record a tender moment that I don't want to forget. My younger son had a rough day making some not so good choices and was in time out twice today. This evening after bath time we had a disobedience issue and he lost a privilege. He was, to say the least, upset. (Add in a very tired little boy and you get lots of tears!) He begged and begged for the privilege back, and I almost caved. It was breaking my heart to see him so upset. I picked him up in my arms and walked him to his room where we read scriptures and had prayer. He cried some more when I asked Heavenly Father to help Evan's little heart be comforted. After I got the others in bed I came back and laid by him and his brother. (Ev didn't want to sleep in his bed, so the two boys were sharing a sleeping bag on the floor.) It was so sweet and wonderful to have both my boys there snuggled up to me. I love my little family. And though at times it is tough to be a parent, it is wonderful to comfort them and help them to see a bigger picture. I definitely did not "blink" as the country song would say.
I will post pics as soon as I can.

4 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

You are such a good mommy--it is those moments that give me glimpses into our eternity! Keep lovin' those bad choice kinda boy days!!--there are LOTS of them around here (and I hear you about caving in)

The Terry Clan said...

You are the best mom ever! When those boys grow up they are going to be singing your praises. I totally feel your pain! It's hard to be there mom instead of their "friend". I admire you though for the way you handle things like that without losing your temper. You amaze me. Can you come to my house and give me Momy course 101?! I love you!!

me said...

Hi. I stalked you out online since you wouldn't give me your blog. Also, you haven't added anything since MAY! How am I supposed to keep up on what is happening with you? I barely can remember what you or your kids look like. From your BFF. You do know it is me, right? just from hearing BFF you really ought to think of me.

The Terry Clan said...

I love what you did to your blog!! It looks so cute you genius woman you!! Now if you can just get that computer to recognize your camera.