Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I SURVIVED!!!

This is going on a shirt that I will wear proudly to Natalie's graduation in 16 short years.
After always having someone to play with it was a real shocker to her to entertain herself. She talked all day long and fussed over every little thing. It was just so boring for her. I tried to have her help with my to do list. But that only lasts so long. But we did survive the first week back and this is what we got done.
1-I gutted the boys bedroom.
You, unless you have kids, cannot imagine how stuffed a closet and under the beds can get.
Or how many legos can be in little cracks and corners.
It looked so nice when it was done and I even had an inspiration as to what to do with all of those priceless lego sets.
2-I sorted through all of Natalie's clothes and brought out the warmer clothing, so that we are ready for the cooler weather(I am hoping this will speed it along)
I can't believe how much clothing the girl has!!! And how fast she grows. There are some articles that she never wore. But at least it will stay in the family, I am taking the smaller ones with me to Germany to her cousin.
3-I started to orgainze the play room. This is going to be more work than I thought. And it doesn't help that our printer is broke, so I can't print out the labels that I want.

I did spend some time with Natalie. The first day of school we went to a neighbors house for lunch, the next few days we went swimming, to the park or played outside on the tramp(she likes not having the boys to contend with there!).
Now that a new week is here, and sports have started it is a different world some days. Last night Evan had soccer practice and Zach had his first baseball practice, both at 6:00. Gabriel doesn't get home from work until 7! Are you laughing yet? I was! Luckily, they are only about 2 miles from each other and I fortunately had a friend that was so nice to stay with Evan for his, so that I could attend Zach's first one. I have never done baseball and was shocked to see that he has 2-3 practices a week. Is this normal? I may be a staunch, but I told Gabe that there might be some that he will just have to miss. One of his practices is at 7:30 at night,for 90 min. and their bedtime is 8! Don't get me wrong, I budge on bedtimes, but not that much on a school night. Maybe I am a little harsh, but my kids NEED their rest. But we survived last night and this Sat is Evan's first game and Zach has another practice at the same time, but thank goodness my husband will be there for that one!
I will survive and I hope my kids do too!! Only 2 more weeks and I will be in Germany!!! And oh my, their grandmothers are going to have to survive this!

5 comments:

sally said...

Germany...WOW! have fun! your kids sure look bigger in every picture you post...we miss you guys!

Stevie said...

Wow, crazy kid sports! Macen's been asking for baseball, but maybe I'll have to put it off for a few years if the schedule is that crazy!

So exciting that you get to go to Germany!

The Terry Clan said...

YEA!!! I can't wait to see you!!! I am so excited!! I am amazed at all you were able to accomplish in the first week. I cant wait for you to help me organize my rooms! You are on cool mom!! 7 days and counting!!!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Hey Trina....consider yourself TAGGED! Check my blog for the instructions and then get to work...right away! (yes I want to see pictures of dirty dishes in the sink, and laundry on the floor etc.) And hey, thanks for the DA yesterday, we owe you!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Germany eh?!!! What brought on that insipiration for a trip? Ummm, I hear ya -- Dacie not knowing what to do--and the short attention span she gives to my to do list. My boys room isnext in line to be gutted OK?...wish we had a toy room-hmmm one day a toy room and an extra bedroom, and we will be set for sure! Since you are taking Natalie's clothes to germany--does this mean you are done? having kids? AND the sports schedules I understand--that is why I conveniently forgot to sign mine up this season for soccer. it killed me last year. Different sports however would make it hard and the proximity would make it do-able. I say skip the late practices--for real they are barely 7!!!