Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Butterflies the first day of school

Not, my boys, but me!!!
I was more nervous for the boys to go to school than the boys were. Evan never even looked back. In fact, the first morning I wanted to drive them. Yes, I know I am a little attached to my children, but these are my little kids growing up before my eyes and there is nothing I can do but grab every moment possible. So, I had told them, against my husbands approval, that I would drive them in the morning and they could ride the bus home. Evan was so disappointed, it was the sadest face(I wish you could have seen it).
"But, mom, I wanted to ride the bus"
"Well, you will ride the bus home after school"
"But I have waited my whole life to ride the bus to school and now it is ruined!"
Wow, what a melodrama!
So, he proceeded to beg his older brother to convince mom to let them ride the bus. Yep, they won. He was so excited to get on the bus, he is so big now. And Zach was one of the proudest big brother, it melted my heart. Oh, how I miss them when they are gone. They are great boys and super good friends. I am a very blessed mother.

3 comments:

Stevie said...

Finally Evan's in school! Poor kid had to wait so long. I know what you mean about being attached... I still haven't given Macen the option of riding the bus this year... I'm waiting until he asks!

The Terry Clan said...

I know how you feel! Every year I think it is going to be easier to let them go, but it never is. It so hard to trust them to someone else and hope they love them as much as you! You are such a nice mom to let them ride the bus. I HAD to drive mine!!

lowderhomegang said...

I feel such a kinship with you girls in this experience and now I can say "now you know what I was feeling when you all went to school" life is so very short and you do treasure every moment you have with the little ones---cause they are not little near long enough Mom