Monday, December 29, 2008

The Things We Do For Those We Love

A couple of years ago I made a gingerbread airplane for my husband's work. This year I wanted to do something similar, but wanted it a little different. I love a challenge! So my neighbor and I came up with a way to do an airplane cake. I even place it in front of a sheet cake that was set up to be the runway. I found battery operated lights to place on the border of the runway, and they even blinked! It was a ton of work and my fingers were black, blue, red, orange for day afterward. But it was so exciting to see it done. Then I had to transport to his work with 3 kids in tow! That was a challenge, it is about a 45 min drive and on a tollway. I have never been so tense. They all loved it and Gabriel was very happy with the outcome. We do crazy things for the ones we love!

This is unfinished, but I was afraid something would happen before it was done and I wanted proof that I had gotten this far!
My kids love getting in any picture and they loved helping me take it to dad's work. Can you see the lights lining the runway?
Little blury, but the only close up I have of the finished product. No, I did not free hand the tail words, it is stenciled. I only wish I was that good.

5 comments:

Stevie said...

WOW, THAT IS AMAZING!

me said...

i am impressed. now do you think you could build me a cake or something?

Unknown said...

And you were the one calling ME Martha Stewart? Geez.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Your too cute! Too bad we don't live close enough anymore to make cakes together!

Wade said...

Wow! Impresive cake. Good Job. It reminds of a wedding cake that was shipped from Las Vegas once to SLC. It did not make it the first time and they had to send another in a much better box.