Monday, January 5, 2009

Dog sitting

For the last week we have been dog sitting for some friends while they're out of town. Most people know that I am not a dog person, if it is in the house. I grew up where all animals lived outside and never came in the house. This has been quite an adjustment. Luckily the dog is a small one and trained very well. We have only had 1 accident and she sleeps all night, as far as I know. The kids have absolutely loved having her here. They are constantly asking to take her on a walk, maybe that is why she is sleeping so well at night, we wear her out. The kids love holding her leash and being in charge. Gabe and I never hold the leash, unless there is another dog. Here are a few pics of us walking the dog.









6 comments:

Stevie said...

That looks like a great walking trail, is it in your neighborhood? I don't know if I'd be a good enough friend to dog-sit... Looks like your kids are having a blast!

The Terry Clan said...

What a good mom you are! Stephanie is right... Martha Stewart has nothing on you!! You do it all and then some!!!! Go Trina Go!!! :)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I am there with you on feelings of pets and being raised with only outdoor ones. You are a good friend to take one for the team for a friend! My kids would be in heaven too-pet sitting is like grnadparents--you get all the fun and then give them back!

Wade said...

This reminds of my second favorite dog gowing up, Rusty. He was sure fun and I can realte to your kids always wanting to take the dog out.

Wade said...

This reminds of my second favorite dog gowing up, Rusty. He was sure fun and I can realte to your kids always wanting to take the dog out.

Hingsberger Family said...

Hey Trina! I have been visiting your site for a while and finally got one of my own started. How are you doing?