Thursday, January 29, 2009

New hobbies

Natalie has 2 new hobbies.
1. She loves to "help" mom. She has become my little helper. The other day I set out to make breadsticks for dinner. (Which they are very good and pretty easy. If you would like the recipe let me know) She ran to get an apron and started helping by moving the flour all over the cupboard, chair, floor and anywhere near her. Then she started taste testing the flour and dough and I caught her!


2. Her next new hobby is to do the dishes, aka: play with the water and bubbles! After we were done making our breadsticks I started to wash the dishes and she promptly moved her chair over and said she wanted to help. It isn't always how I want it to go or look, but I hope she holds onto these hobbies and I hope I can too!

Who wouldn't want a face like that doing their dishes?

6 comments:

The Terry Clan said...

She is absolutly ADORABLE!!! What a great little helper! I am impressed with your patients to let her help. Sometimes it's so hard not to just take over and do it yourself! What a great mom you are!

Stevie said...

She's so cute! And you're so patient! We need to hang out more so you can rub off on me. :)

Christine said...

I have to ask - where did you get her that cute apron?? I want to get some for my boys.

me said...

Oh how fun! Just wait until she starts to take the dishes out of the dishwasher and put them away, you know, the dishwasher that you haven't run yet. Or, takes 3 steak knives out and carries them around while you are gone and your husband is sleeping because he thinks the boys are down for a nap. Not that it has never happened to me personally, but I hope it doesn't happen to you either.

peterson pack said...

Christine- I got the aprons at Hobby Lobby and the kids painted them with the fabric paint. They are really cute. Hope your kids use theirs as much as mine have used them!

Leanne said...

I remember doing this alot with your mom! Wasn't that fun... glad you found me and I'm glad to find you. So where do you live? I think I found you on Facebook and it said you were in texas... Good to see you and your cute family! You still look so young and cute... i'm feeling kind of old right now! UGGG... I guess 6 six will do that to anyone... but I love it.