Sunday, January 23, 2011

Journaling

I love reading blogs! If I were to admit to something that consumes my time it would be - I love to read other blogs. I love reading about the lives of some great women and wonderful mothers. Some of them will never know how much of an influence they are for me. Or how they, at times, have been my children's saving grace! I especially love and envy the ones that can post something every day or even weekly.

I love the idea of making these posts into a book to have to look back on years down the road. But right now if I did a book every year, one book would have like 5 pages! Journaling is hard for me, I don't make time for it. I kept a great journal on my mission. I wrote every day and I loved it. I love it now. I love going back and reading the entries and a lot of the stuff I forgot about it, the little things. And I know that is what is happening now with my little family. I am forgetting the little things and those are what I want to remember 10 years down the road.

I am making a goal to try and make more entries in this journal. I want to be able to have all the little things my kids say and do stored forever. I started this blog to keep our grandparents in the loop with us, but I don't think they read it anymore. (But then I hardly ever post) I hope that I can keep this goal and even include pictures every now and then. I have to remind myself that it may not be easy and I may have to adjust my priorities, but it will be worth it for my kids when they are older.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Good for you! I've made that commitment this year and I have loved it so far! I wasn't very good about doing it last year... hopefully 2011 is better!