Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Today was a wonderfully perfect day. We had heard there might be snow, but when we woke up this morning it was pouring rain. As we drove to church every other rain drop was so close to being snow, but it wasn't quite cold enough. Well after being there for 1 hour the snow was coming down thick. It was a beautiful sight. The kids were estatic and I don't know how their teachers kept them in class for the rest of church. Once we got home all they wanted to do was play in the snow. Natalie outlasted her brothers hands down. It is days like this that I am glad that half of our backyard is a slope. They had a blast sliding down and all the other fun you can have in the snow. Gabe built a fire and after playing in the snow we piled around the fire to warm up. What is it about a fire and snow outside that makes you feel so good and peaceful? The kids went out for a 2nd round after their stuff had dried, but I took a nap! What a fun day for all of us. Evan last night prayed for snow today- look what we got. So, tonight he prayed that the roads will be too icy and there won't be any school. I love it when school is canceled- I hope it happens too, Evan!
Making a snowman.
What fun! Watching his face made me want to jump on.
She didn't realize how cold she was until she came in the house, she was shivering.
She was very proud of her snowman, that she decorated all by herself. I love the arms. I had found something much smaller, but she was insistent on using those bats!

2 comments:

me said...

I love their "sled!"

peterson pack said...

It worked great! And the kids were the ones that thought of it. I had suggested plastic bags, but these worked even better!