Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mom Time

We have tried a few times over the last year or so to have a date with 1 kid every month. We don't do expensive things, sometimes it is just going to the park with them. But it is nice to be able to talk with just them and let them know that they are important to us as an individual. We haven't done it in a while and then when I tried starting it again there was a long pause between 2 of them. It was Zach's turn and he reminded me that it had been a really long time since he had one. He had a bad bad day at school this week, so I took him right away on a date. He wanted to go for ice cream and there happened to be a new one close by. We had a nice visit and he let me know that he didn't like calling these dates (he thought it sounded wierd to be on a date with your mom), so he has decided to call them "mom time". Not sure what they are called when dad comes along!? But it was interesting to see how he turned from being REALLY upset, but after our visit he felt better about the world and was happy again. I hate seeing my kids get hurt, but it is good to see them handle it in such a big way. I can't believe they grow up so fast.
Can you tell he loves chocolate? Oh, what a young stomach can handle.

No comments: